Tuesday, January 03, 2006

January 3, 2006 ~ To Embrace The Questions

To embrace the questions that we dare ask. How many times have we stuffed the questions, squashing them from ever raising to higher states of awareness? In the very act of stuffing we deny the true authenticity that longs to be expressed.

As I engage in the journey before me, I ask a foundational question that will represent the light to proceed. The light at the juncture offers three options: red, yellow, or green.

In my own mind this is the first step in the journey to discern for myself if there is indeed value in this pursuit or shall I set it free? My mind is like that: so many ideas and as the gardener of my endeavors, it is my responsibility to know which ideas to cultivate and which to pluck. I know that on my own I am incapable of the superior discernment that I need. To a higher power I must turn if I have any hope of accomplishing anything of lasting value. For it is this higher power that is the enabler of all breath, of all life, of all created things. It is my steadfast belief that all life was created for a mighty purpose, not as to be carbon copies, but each to be supremely unique and created for a purpose all its own.

The Pursuit of Passion is a risky endeavor to anyone who fears transparency. Yet, in it's highest form the pursuit of passion embraces the opportunity that it is through a passionate journey that the splendid and divine soul is made visible for the best possible good.

The question I ponder is whether or not to embark on this transparent adventure. It is one thing to pen my thoughts in my journals, yet quite another to post them in a space that they could be read by others. The song that sings deep in my soul, suggests that posting my words in a remote spot of the internet provides the setting to take my work to another level. I recognize there are many fears. There is always the fear of being misunderstood. I know that the fear of being misunderstood has silenced my voice from being shared many times in my life. In the process I opted out. Remaining silent as though snuffing the light within.

We are sojourners in a world that frequently prizes one's ability to restrain their emotions. Presenting a cool exterior surface is seen as a sign of discipline. The cool and detached facade provides a shield of protection. But in this forty eighth year of my life, I question that shield. What is lost or what is gained by the cover of a facade?

If the very seeds of divinity were planted in the soul of life, then what is the willful shield of mankind withholding from the world? These can be sobering thoughts when contemplated in the light of eternity.

It is without doubt that I accept that all of mankind, regardless of race or religion or social economic status ... is created in the divine image of God. Precious creations... one and all! All with the seeds of the divine planted into their very essence.

Passion in its rarest form is mocked and has even been murdered in an attempt to keep the status quo. For the ultimate example of this one need only to turn to the Passion of Jesus Christ who was and is the truest embodiment of Perfect Passion.

When I consider the concept of passion, I see Jesus Christ. I see the extraordinary love of God and If I am so blessed I might be able to inhale the beautiful breathtaking divine essence of the Holy Spirit behind the shield. There is an intoxicating perfume behind the facade longing to be released.

Jesus Christ endured the cross so that you and I and all our brothers and sisters around the world would be free of the facade. The veil was forever removed! It is gone and was replaced by the perfume of His Love. It is your choice to decide. It is up to each person to make the decision.
In the Free Will that God bestowed upon us, we have the right to decide. Will we lock our perfume away or will we send it out into the world for the best possible good?

We are not living in Old Testament times. Yet any correlational study done between modern day life and biblical times would beg to differ. Watch any news program or engage in any sociological study and apart from historical cues, much is identical in the scope and sequence of man's response to God. Our society today is not all that different! Just a modern day Babylon. Our deepest needs are still the same as people throughout history. Our greatest need is the need for a savior. Not just any savior though, but the authentic Savior. The Savior that God sent that embodied the true essence of HIS passionate love for HIS Creation.

Today if a facade exists, perhaps we should realize that the facade is the handiwork of the enemy who will do anything to try to prevent the beautiful manifestation of God from being released into the world. It is spiritual battle between the forces of good and evil. I see a big score board in the sky, as though the forces of good and evil are playing a sports match. Whose team are you supporting? How passionate are you for your team? Are you as passionate for God's Team as you are for your college football team? Are you as passionate for God as you are for your materialistic belongings? Are you as passionate for God as you are for your husband or wife or date du jour?

On this journey, the passion that will be explored and considered a prerequisite to all other passion; is the passion of the divine. For it is my belief and the belief of many that without a foundational passion for God, we are empty vessels starving to be filled and incapable of offering much good to our world. The little perfume within us would quickly be consumed and in order to be replenished would have to be drawn from the divine source from which it originates. The problem is at some point we would have tasted that divinity and we will always be searching to replenish it within ourselves. Along the journey we may find many cheap imitations and become temporarily filled. But eventually the quick fix substitute fails to satisfy and we are once again searching for replenishment. The emptiness within too painful to endure. We shop, we collect, we go from relationship to relationship, we indulge, we become over performers, over spenders, workaholics, approval addicts, alcoholics, compulsive eaters, drug addicts, sex addicts. You fill in the blank. The addictions of man are many for the simple reason that every one of us has a desire to fill the emptiness within our souls. Unless it is addressed on literally a daily basis, the emptiness has the power to shipwreck us in places we were never intended to go.

The purpose of the Passionate Journey is to show that God is the answer. God is the source.
God is the Perfect Passion from which all good passion flows. God is the Safe Harbor that will guide you to loving out the destiny to which you were created.

copyright (c) Kathi Dameron January 3, 2006

No comments: